Thursday, September 17, 2009

And so it begins...


I come from a military family. That is not to say that my family has been in the military going back to the revolutionary war, but in bits and pieces it has. What I mean by that is that everybody in my family, save my mom, all ended up in the military.

My dad retired from the US Air Force. He joined when he was 17 and he retired after 22 years active duty. Growing up we lived all over the US and occasionally abroad. I have memories of my dad going off to Vietnam, and then again to Thailand. Both my brothers joined the Marine Corps and my sister and myself, well we went Army. My sister's eldest son just graduated from BCT at Ft. Leonard Wood and I went to the graduation and was reminded yet again, that it just doesn't go away. No matter how many years pass on the in between.

This blog is here to be my story. I want to write it all down before it all goes away completely. I want to log every memory I can and along with it all my thoughts and feelings about events and life and the way things play out in the long run.

Bare with me if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment