Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My barracks in AIT

Brems Barracks, Fort Gordon. I went to AIT there for 31C Single Channel Radio Operator, Delta 361st Signal Bn, 15th Signal Brigade. It was at the height of summer and there was no AC. The March to class daily was long and dusty. I hated every minute of it and could not wait for it to be over so I could move on to my permanent duty station. Instead I was chosen to continue on to an ASI school for satellite communications. I would do it over again in a minute.

4 comments:

  1. Brems Barracks, 1979. Metal bunks. Decent chow. Basic and AIT for 72E in the same unit. I still hate that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, not sure if this site is still active. I spent the summer of 69 at Gordon taking teletype training 05C20.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at Brems barracks is 86, 31C

    ReplyDelete